At Home Speech & Language Services is a private practice located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We are committed to providing the highest quality of personalized services for children experiencing speech and language problems. Our service is exclusively mobile! Assessment and treatment are provided within the convenience of home, daycares, private schools, and approved settings within the Halifax region. We liaison between home and school professionals, for improved carry-over and overall results. The At Home service also eliminates the stress that families often endure racing to and from appointments.
We believe that the carryover of communication skills is successful when these skills are learned and practiced in everyday surroundings, such as with family members, and not limited to isolated treatment rooms. We also believe in a collaborative healthcare team approach in order to provide the most comprehensive care for all clients/patients. Our scope of clinical practice includes the following areas:
- speech/articulation problems
- motor speech problems and apraxia of speech
- receptive/expressive language delay/disorders
- reading/writing difficulty
- challenges in social language and social communication skills
- assistance to augment communication (gestural, sign) and to provide alternative means of communication when needed (AAC support, low to high tech in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams)