At Home Speech & Language Services Inc. is a private practice located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We are committed to providing the highest quality of personalized services for children experiencing speech and/or language problems, in order that they may reach their greatest potential for communication success!
Our service is exclusively mobile, whereby assessment and treatment are provided within the convenience of your home, as well as daycares, preschools, private schools, and approved settings within the Halifax region. Travel to you is free within HRM. We also provide an important liaison between home and school, in order to collaborate with classroom teachers, learning centre teachers, educational programming assistants (EPA's), etc. to maximize positive change and overall outcomes.
The convenience and privacy of the At Home service allows us to work with children and families in their natural environment. It also eliminates the stress that families often endure racing to and from appointments. The likelihood of transfer (carryover) of the skills your child learns is greater when these skills are practiced with family members and within your child's natural everyday environment. We also believe in a collaborative healthcare team approach, in order to provide the most comprehensive care for all of our clients.
Our scope of clinical practice includes the following areas:
- speech/articulation problems
- fluency problems/stuttering
- motor speech problems/apraxia of speech
- receptive language (comprehension) delays/disorders
- expressive language delays/disorders
- learning difficulties/delays
- reading/writing difficulties
- challenges in social language and social communication skills
- assistance and implementation of Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) when indicated